Friday, August 22, 2008

Peas, please!

As of last night, we added peas to the boys' menu.  We have been feeding them rice cereal by spoon for a few weeks now off & on, so it was time to move onto something new.  They are pretty good with the spoon for about 5-10 minutes, and then they cry for their bottles.  But it's a start!

Bowen (below) did better today with eating peas.  Last night, I thought perhaps he might like peas as much as his daddy does (which, is not at all).

I'm also trying homemade baby food, which is not very difficult to make.  I hear it's less expensive, and obviously cuts a lot of preservatives/additives from the wee diets.  I can prepare quite a bit at one time and freeze ahead small portions in ice trays.  And as my mom said, "That's all we had when you were a baby!"
Next week - on to carrots!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh they are too adorable - and funny! I love the look on their faces and of course the peas all of the place. We are looking forward to introducing some food to Charlie's diet in a few weeks. Your boys are looking so great! They are really growing! Love the blog - glad we can watch each other's families change =)
How's work? I am so glad to sit still for awhile....