Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm not saying you're fat, but . . .

So the big weigh-in was today.  Bowen is (as I guessed) 11 lbs 7 oz.  And Luke is (drumroll. . . .) TEN pounds even.  That means he gained a half a pound (in 3 days) since his visit to Dr. Sorrells (for his hernia) last Friday.  Needless to say, I've abandoned the over-the-shoulder baby carriers when I'm on double baby duty.  Today was the first time to use the double stroller with a car trip. . . also from this visit:  The boys are starting to leave the preemie growth curve (in a good way).  They are now moved to a normal well-baby check-up schedule (less frequent visits).  Dr. McLaren has cleared us to start really adding rice cereal as the boys are able to take it.  And once they're up to 2 servings a day, it's onto veggies. . . All a far cry from where we were just 4 months ago!  

I tried multiple times over the weekend to post a virtual tour of the nursery, but for some reason am unable to upload videos to this site.  Any suggestions?  It appears in the blog's q/a area that many people have this problem.  I do know that the videos are the correct file type and are not too large.  Not sure what else could be the problem.  Hmm. . . . I also see you can do a you-Tube link.  I'll have to play around with it a little more, because I also have some videos of the boys I'd love to post.

Also, I'm adding a link (see the sidebar) to our friends the Patricks.  Renita was in the same room I was in at LSU, and just gave birth to ~28 1/2 week triplet boys.  (And I thought I was seeing a lot of blue!)  I know how much prayerful thought kept us going for the NICU experience, and now they are on the same journey.  So for any of you who would like to send them warm thoughts & prayers, I know they would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! They're doing great! Tiny babies no longer =)
I laughed at your "child/ren of PT " comment.
Glad Chris is back and all is well in Cathcart-land.
I am trying to finish up my case study.... I know you warned me to do it early.... Less than 5 weeks to go...
Take care!