Sunday, June 22, 2008

We survived

Chris returned from Amsterdam last night.  His 8 days away were much less worse than I had imagined they would be.  I am sure that is thanks to help from the family, friends, & neighbors.  Tuesday was the only day I truly ran the show solo.  We are continuing to enjoy the boys waking only once at night since adding rice cereal to nighttime bottles (do you also hear angelic choirs singing over that report???). . . So Chris confirmed the appropriateness of the pre-trip warnings he received.  He describes Amsterdam as "Bourbon Street on speed."  I will try to coax him into giving a further report.  He brought home the boys a children's book written in Dutch, which was very entertaining to attempt to read aloud.

And I did not get around to posting nursery pics, as I forgot that Chris of course had the camera for his trip.  Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

The boys will see Dr. McLaren (their pediatrician) on Monday.  I'll definitely tune in to give updated weight/growth info.  Bowen has long outgrown the newborn clothes, and I'm really pushing it to put Luke in them still.

I'm amazed at the difference just in the last week in how much more aware they are of their surroundings.  Bowen often smiles at his mobile and makes happy little squeals here and there.  They both study everything, particularly the faces of any person talking to them (especially new people).  And they both enjoy following a rattle.  It is fun to watch them change into little interactive babies.

More tomorrow . . . .

No comments: