Friday, June 13, 2008

So far, so good


Chris left for Amsterdam yesterday, which prompted me to move forward with the boys' food intake situation.  After much polling amongst the girlfriends, I decided to add rice cereal to the nighttime bottles for the first time last night.  (I know, this is really exciting stuff here.)  Just a few teaspoons, but WOW what a difference!  They woke up only once last night.  Perhaps it's just coincidence.  But hopefully not.  Regardless, I felt so incredibly refreshed on 3 and 4-hour stretches of sleep.

Our sweet Bowen - we think we saw some "social" smiles this week, though very fleeting.  Of course, they were for Daddy & our friend Tracy, and not for the lady that takes care of him the majority of 24/7.  Such is mommyhood.

Our funny Luke - one night this week I had the boys all tucked in their crib, apparently asleep.  I crawled into bed and turned out the lights, just as Luke let out a loud "whaa" - so obviously a pick-me-up cry (and not hungry, wet, etc.).  I waited a few minutes hoping he would fall back asleep, but he persisted.  Not really sure what I was hoping for, I yelled from my bed across the hall in a very sing-song-y voice "Luuuu - uuuuke."  Without missing a beat, he matched my tune with "aaaaah - aaaaah."  Oi, such comic relief.  We repeated this little back & forth calling a few times before I caved. . . . 

For the locals - The boys stayed with Honey & Dude last weekend so we could have a date before Chris went out of town.  We went to the new Robinson Film Center downtown.  We give it two thumbs up - nice atmosphere, quaint & cozy, with big cushy leather seats.  We watched "Forever Young," the documentary about the choir "Young at Heart."  This choir consists of folks aged 73 and over who tour with concerts featuring songs by artists like Coldplay, James Brown, the Rolling Stones, etc.  Imagine a group of very senior citizens belting out "I want to be sedated!"  It was such a heart-warming, funny film.  Go see it if you get a chance!  (Must warn, you'll cry a little too.)

I must head off - the boys are getting hungry.  Will try to add nursery pics this weekend.


6 comments:

Erin said...

Cuteness! They are dolls! They definitely have more hair on their heads then my guy. You are a trooper alone with 2! Love the updates. Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Sweet snuggly babies! Love the newest pic. They look like they are growing so fast! Hope to see you soon!

Shelley (Cole) Parker said...

I love this picture! They are so sweet cuddled up together. Keep the pictures coming.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to get to see you (and them) in person. This is craziness. They are so precious.

Yes, I too have yelled back at Trenton from my bed, hoping - just hoping somehow he would go back to sleep. Yeah right!

Kathleen

Ashley said...

Hey! Love keeping up with you darlins'! Carrie Martin ___ may be contacting you--gave her this address. She's Amy's age & is having twins. I told her I knew of someone she'd need to talk to! An old pro! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it seems the boys are doing well. I have a firend that just found out that she is going to have twins. It definetly makes things interesting.