Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day & Luke's Surgery

Okay, so this blog stuff is kind of fun.  I didn't really think folks would check it out, but apparently a few of you are! (as noted by your "comments" - I enjoy reading them!)  (And PS to Tonya - I don't know if I have your correct email address.  I'll try the one I think is right.  Email me if you don't get it.)

So Luke apparently could not be outdone by his bro.  He is scheduled to have the same exact surgery that Bowen had in LSU: repair left (and possibly right) inguinal hernia and umbilical (belly button) hernia.  Chris and I have asked him why he couldn't have sprung his hernia while he was still in the hospital.  So the fun parts for us: 1) He will not be able to eat after midnight on Sunday, and this kid has the highest pitched shriek I have ever heard from such a tiny little being when he is hungry.  So THAT should allow us basically no sleep Sun night.  2) We have to be to the hospital by 6:30 am.  That might be a good thing; we can let Schumpert's staff deal with our screaming baby.  And 3) - this will mean an overnight hospital stay for Luke.

That's about it.  Our lives have gotten relatively boring.  We are loving boring.

So I meant to post actually on Mother's Day.  But just wanted to share that it was really great.  We did brunch with my family, then a late lunch with Chris'.  Aunt Beth & Uncle Shane were soaking up being able to see/hold babies (since they were not legally allowed in the NICU).  And my first MDay gift: the boys got me a photo book (the kind you make on Shutterfly or Kodak.com) of their NICU time.  It's pretty cute.  Did I mention the boys have a great Daddy?

We'll post something again after the surgery.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to many years of mother's days. will pray for quick recovery and not too much screaming from Luke Sunday night. Poor baby - no food after midnight! I think you should get to the hospital REALLY early. Say 4:30 or so. maybe they can get him in early ;) take care and have a great week/weedend with your boys! Between your boys (beau, george, chris, luke and bowen) and breastfeeding, you are really on an estrogen shortage over there!
btw i'm still praying and giving thanks!
love, margot